What are the best editors for teaching in Python? In this episode, Kelly and Sean examine a variety of different environments for students to learn to code Python. Should it be online or local? Paid or free? Simple or full-featured? An editor or an IDE?
Here's what made our list:
- Code With Mu — Code with Mu: a simple Python editor for beginner programmers.
- Visual Studio Code - Code Editing. Redefined
- PyCharm Edu: The Python IDE to Learn Programming Quickly & Efficiently — An Easy and Professional Tool to Learn & Teach Programming with Python
- Pandas for Everyone: Python Data Analysis (Addison-Wesley Data & Analytics Series) 1, Daniel Y. Chen, eBook - Amazon.com — Today, analysts must manage data characterized by extraordinary variety, velocity, and volume. Using the open source Pandas library, you can use Python to rapidly automate and perform virtually any data analysis task, no matter how large or complex.
- Python IDEs and Code Editors (Guide) – Real Python
- Welcome To Colaboratory - Colaboratory
- Thonny, Python IDE for beginners
- Our Patreon -- support us with a few dollars a month
- Micro:bit - Python editor
- Effective PyCharm: Learn the PyCharm IDE with a Hands-on Approach (Treading on Python): 9781095212530: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com