Isn't it surprising how much repetition goes into the job of teaching? What if you could use Python to automate that and focus on the work that adds the most value for your students? Or at least eliminate the boring teaching stuff like transferring grades or setting up iPads.
With thanks to Al Sweigart and his book, Automate the Boring Stuff With Python, Kelly and Sean look at how teachers can leverage Python to speed up or eliminate the most boring and repetitive aspects of teaching.Support Teaching Python
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition: Practical Programming for Total Beginners: Al Sweigart: 9781593279929: Amazon.com: Books — In this fully revised second edition of the best-selling classic Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, you'll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand--no prior programming experience required.
- Zapier | The easiest way to automate your work — Easy automation for busy people. Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
- Cloud Functions - Event-driven Serverless Computing | Cloud Functions | Google Cloud — Simplest way to run your code in the cloud Automatically scales, highly available and fault tolerant No servers to provision, manage, patch or update Pay only while your code runs Connects and extends cloud services
- PyBites Platform | Hone Your Python Skills — Absolute beginner? Don't worry, we've got your back. Start learning Python from scratch!
- Circuit Playground Bluefruit - ALPHA - Bluetooth Low Energy ID: 4333 - $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits — Circuit Playground Bluefruit is our third board in the Circuit Playground series, another step towards a perfect introduction to electronics and programming. We've taken the popular Circuit Playground Express and made it even better! Now the main chip is an nRF52840 microcontroller which is not only more powerful, but also comes with Bluetooth Low Energy support for wireless connectivity.
- Support the show. Sponsor us on Patreon! — Teaching Python is creating a podcast for people who teach Python (of course) | Patreon