Teaching the Basics with Requests
February 16th, 2022
43 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Most people think of Requests as an intermediate or advanced area of Python, but what happens when we turn it loose on beginner programmers? Spoiler - lots of learning and surprises!
Requests is a popular Python library for making HTTP requests in a simplified, elegant way. As the one of the top 10 most downloaded packages on PyPI.org, it's used across Python to interact with web APIs, scrape websites, post webhooks, and more.
In this episode, Kelly and Sean talk about different lesson plans, approaches, and examples using the Requests library in a teaching environment.Support Teaching Python
- Python’s Requests Library (Guide) – Real Python — The requests library is the de facto standard for making HTTP requests in Python. It abstracts the complexities of making requests behind a beautiful, simple API so that you can focus on interacting with services and consuming data in your application.
- PyCon 2022 Welcome to PyCon US 2022 — PyCon US is the largest annual gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language. It is produced and underwritten by the Python Software Foundation, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing and promoting Python. Through PyCon US, the PSF advances its mission of growing the international community of Python programmers.
- Home | Mondelēz International, Inc. — We are one of the largest snack companies in the world with global net revenues of $25.9 billion and net earnings of $3.4 billion in 2018. We make and sell primarily snacks, including biscuits (cookies, crackers and salted snacks), chocolate, gum & candy as well as various cheese & grocery and powdered beverage products.
- ISL | International School of Luxembourg: Next Events — In collaboration with other international educators and renowned experts, ISL is proud to present a series of webinars that promote best practices and embrace the collective wisdom of the participants. We have been fortunate to collaborate with such experts as Dr. Fran Prolman, Ewan McIntosh, Jeff Utech and Scott McLeod. The Virtual Learning Loft has enabled ISL educators to connect and develop networking opportunities on a global scale and promote ISL as a learning organisation.
- Pine Crest School's Innovation Institute — The theme for the virtual conference is Going Global: Integrating Innovation, Technology, and Social Entrepreneurship to Improve our World. The Eighth Annual Innovation Institute is scheduled for April 24, 25, and 26, 2022. This year, the Institute will offer a variety of teacher-as-student, online, hands-on workshops geared toward educators at all levels. During the workshops, attendees will explore ways to make global connections and integrate social entrepreneurship through hands-on learning linked to project-based learning activities and technology integration.
- Python Jumpstart by Building 10 Apps Online Course - [Talk Python Training] — Programming is fun and profitable. Learning to become a software developer should be equally fun! This course will teach you everything you need to know about the Python language all the while building interesting and engaging applications.