This week, Kelly and Sean are joined by Brianne Caplan from Code Your Dreams and Gabrielle Rabinowitz from the BridgeUP: STEM Program at the American Museum of Natural History to discuss K-12 Python Education that happens outside of the classroom.Support Teaching Python
- Code Your Dreams — We apply a project-driven approach to teaching computer science with a social justice component, introduce career opportunities from App Development to UX Design to Product Management, and inspire action and involvement in local communities.
- BridgeUP: STEM | American Museum of Natural History
- Brianne Caplan (@BriLeeCap) / Twitter — Founder & Executive Director of Code Your Dreams // Data Scientist @ Edovo // UChicago grad // passionate about bridging the education gap
- Code Your Dreams — GitHub Repositories for Code Your Dreams
- Python Flash Cards: Syntax, Concepts, and Examples: Eric Matthes: 9781593278960: Amazon.com: Books
- Python Flash Cards: Syntax, Concepts, and Examples: Eric Matthes: 9781593278960: Amazon.com: Books — Keep your coding skills sharp on the go! Python Flash Cards take a tried-and-tested method and give it a programming makeover. Eric Matthes, author of the best-selling Python Crash Course, distills essential Python programming knowledge into this 101-card deck you can use anywhere.
- Adafruit NeoTrellis M4 with Enclosure and Buttons Kit Pack ID: 4020 - $59.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits — So you've got a cool/witty name for your band, a Soundcloud account, a 3D-printed Daft Punk helmet... so what could be missing from your road to stardom? The NeoTrellis M4 Kit Pack, of course!