Kelly and Sean interview Tom Lauwers, founder and CEO of BirdBrain Technologies about the role of robotics in the computer science classroom. We've used the Finch 2.0 robot, which is designed to use the BBC micro:bit as a foundation for coding and computer science. Whether you're in a traditional classroom, teaching after school, or just trying to get people excited about the POWER OF CODING, robots can play a vital role in learning.
About BirdBrain Technologies:
BirdBrain Technologies’ mission is to inspire deep and joyful learning in all students through creative robotics.
A large part of our mission is to assist educators interested in bringing computer science and engineering design into any classroom. We work collaboratively to support teachers with free standards-aligned curriculum and professional development. Our products have been used by thousands of teachers around the world to bring creative design and robotics fun into the classroom!Support Teaching Python
- BirdBrain Technologies - BirdBrain Technologies — BirdBrain Technologies’ mission is to inspire deep and joyful learning in all students through creative robotics.
- Introducing Finch Robot 2.0! - BirdBrain Technologies — Bring computer science to life from kindergarten to college with the NEW Finch Robot 2.0!
- Borrow a Robot Free for 60 Days! - BirdBrain Technologies — BirdBrain Technologies will allow educators in the US to borrow a robot for 60 days for FREE!
- Hummingbird Robotics Kit - BirdBrain Technologies — The Hummingbird Robotics Kit is an easy-to-use, creative robotics tool which allows students to design, build, and program a personally meaningful robot out of any materials, with any device, in multiple programming languages.
- Teaching Python - Blog - RIP Google Colab in Education — The Teaching Python blog post about the end of Google Colab in K-12...
- CREATE Lab — The Community Robotics, Education and Technology Empowerment Lab (CREATE Lab) explores socially meaningful innovation and deployment of robotic technologies.
- Amazon.com: Learn to Solder Kits Hue Soldering Kit | DIY Electronics Projects For Beginners | Practice For Adults & Kids STEM Classes & Events | Science Project Electronic RGB LED Light Circuit Board With Battery : Toys & Games — INTERACTIVE RGB LED KIT - Learn to solder in a unique, engaging, fun, and achievable way! The Hue Learn to Solder practice kit is our second solder project kit designed for beginners but offers more of a challenge than the Blink Kit. It features one large RGB LED light and three small dials. As you turn the dials the brightness of the red, green and blue change in the LED. Try different combinations to make any color in the rainbow!
- Finch Robot Loan Program - BirdBrain Technologies — We are currently lending out the original Finch Robot, which is tethered to the computer with a USB cord and works with computers and Chromebooks only (it does not work with tablets/phones). If you are interested in borrowing the new Finch Robot 2.0, which is wireless and works with computers, Chromebooks, and tablets/phones, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know when that program is available.
- Amazon.com: microbit V2 Go Kit Programming Development Board STEM Pocket-Sized BBC Micro:bit Computer,Built-in Touch Sensitive Logo,Speaker and Microphone : Electronics — microbit V2.0 is a tiny programmable computer, designed to make learning and teaching easy and fun! Addition of the speaker and microphone：Same great features easier ways to use sound and touch to get creative in the classroom.