2021 Year in Review (or something)
January 17th, 2022
51 mins 4 secs
About this Episode
This week, Kelly and Sean look over all that happened in 2021 for Teaching Python and commit to some bigger goals for 2022. What were the highlights according to our co-hosts?
From the great guests to the wins in the classroom, Kelly and Sean catch up and kick off the new year together.Support Teaching Python
- Amazon.com: Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know eBook : Grant, Adam: Kindle Store — Organizational psychologist Adam Grant is an expert on opening other people's minds--and our own. As Wharton's top-rated professor and the bestselling author of Originals and Give and Take, he makes it one of his guiding principles to argue like he's right but listen like he's wrong. With bold ideas and rigorous evidence, he investigates how we can embrace the joy of being wrong, bring nuance to charged conversations, and build schools, workplaces, and communities of lifelong learners.
- Amazon.com: Terraform: Up & Running: Writing Infrastructure as Code: 9781492046905: Brikman, Yevgeniy: Books — Terraform has become a key player in the DevOps world for defining, launching, and managing infrastructure as code (IaC) across a variety of cloud and virtualization platforms, including AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and more. This hands-on second edition, expanded and thoroughly updated for Terraform version 0.12 and beyond, shows you the fastest way to get up and running.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb — A housewife in 1958 decides to become a stand-up comic.
- Amazon.com: LEGO Ghostbusters ECTO-1 (10274) Building Kit; Displayable Model Car Kit for Adults; Great DIY Project, New 2021 (2,352 Pieces) : Toys & Games — This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- Hacker News - We're two middle school teachers learning and teaching Python [audio] | Hacker News
- Teaching Python Episode 68: Learning How To Learn with Barbara Oakley — This week, Kelly & Sean chat with Barbara Oakley, author of the upcoming books Uncommon Sense Teaching and Learn Like a Pro. Together, we talk about everything from learning Russian to the ways that the brain processes information and how teachers can best help students learn.
- Teaching Python Episode 67: Mu Editor: Part 1 of the Education IDE Series — Kelly and Sean kick off part 1 of their Education IDE series with Nick Tollervey and the Mu Editor, a Python editor for beginners with modes for "pure Python," MicroPython, CircuitPython, PyGame, Flask web apps, and more.
- JoBase | Home — Welcome to JoBase JoBase is aimed at beginner coders who want to have fun making games with Python. Follow steps below to prepare your computer for JoBase.