Agriculture and AI with FarmFemmes
May 28th, 2019
36 mins 15 secs
About this Episode
In this episode, Sean and Kelly chat with Karen Hildebrand and Teresa Vallotton from FarmFemmes. These two ladies are using technology to inspire the next generation of farmers. By offering one-day tech camps, and hosting international students, Karen and Teresa hope to bring a new life and meaning to an agricultural career. Their hope is to bring their “technical knowledge and a relateable voice to showcase the unique ways women can contribute to agriculture in the 21st century.”
Dr. Karen Hildebrand has a PhD in Information Systems specializing in Data Mining, but we just call her Karen. Teresa coached K-12 teachers, taught high school math and was chosen as Sioux Falls, SD Teacher of the Year.Support Teaching Python
- Farm Femmes — Farm Femmes is a result of the ideas we have been generating for years, and really, cultivating for our entire lives. We hope to use our hands on experiences, technical knowledge and a relate-able voice to showcase the unique ways women can contribute to agriculture in the 21st century.
- AWS Educate — With the increasing demand for cloud employees, AWS Educate provides an academic gateway for the next generation of IT and cloud professionals. AWS Educate is Amazon’s global initiative to provide students and educators with the resources needed to accelerate cloud-related learning.
- Patreon - Teaching Python — We set up this Patreon to help offset website fees and to hire a professional audio editor to ensure that our episodes sound great and get posted quickly.
- CBC Article: Sister duo heading to Winnipeg to teach kids about artificial intelligence in agriculture | CBC News — This July, tech-savvy kids will be able to learn the basics of artificial intelligence in just a day, as farming educators Karen Hildebrand and Teresa Vallotton bring their AI in a Day summer camp to Winnipeg for the first time.
- FarmFemmes (@FarmFemmes) | Twitter — Follow Farm Femmes on Twitter