Peter Chan is a 4th grade teacher in Quebec, Canada. In addition to using Python in his classroom, Peter also employs maker techniques, math exploration, and English language skills. Kelly and Sean talk with him about how Python can be used as part of a decentralized teaching style where students are more self-directed and have more agency and control in their learning direction.Support Teaching Python
- Humble Book Bundle: Python & Machine Learning by Packt (pay what you want and help charity) — HUMBLE BOOK BUNDLE: PYTHON & MACHINE LEARNING BY PACKT Whether you’re a Python developer new to machine learning or want to deepen your knowledge of the latest developments, our latest ebook bundles from Packt is perfect for you!
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition: Practical Programming for Total Beginners: Al Sweigart: 9781593279929: Amazon.com: Books
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition: Practical Programming for Total Beginners: Al Sweigart: 9781593279929: Amazon.com: Books — The second edition of this best-selling Python book (100,000+ copies sold in print alone) uses Python 3 to teach even the technically uninclined how to write programs that do in minutes what would take hours to do by hand. There is no prior programming experience required and the book is loved by liberal arts majors and geeks alike.
- Amazon.com: BBC2546862 Micro:bit go: Computers & Accessories — This educational STEAM toys pack teaches kids aged 11+ about coding, tactile creativity and craft. Part of Tech Will Save Us's Coding-Tech range, this kit is a perfect accompaniment to the BBC Micro:craft, Micro:bot and Micro:mods kits. Suitable for 6th, 7th and 8th Grade learning Free access to Club Make for unlimited projects and learning experiences Perfect for learning at home, for educational after-school STEAM workshops, in classrooms or in schools
- Homepage | Minecraft: Education Edition — WHAT IS MINECRAFT: EDUCATION EDITION? A game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment. Educators in more than 115 countries are using Minecraft: Education Edition across the curriculum!
- Trinket: An Hour of Python
- Hour of Code | Codesters — Through Codesters Hour of Code projects you will be introduced to a variety of programming concepts by creating fun games, art, and animations. In the process, you will learn Python, a real programming language used every day at companies like Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.