Intercontinental Python with Bob and Julian from PyBites
February 21st, 2019
44 mins 45 secs
About this Episode
In this episode, Kelly and Sean meet Bob and Julian from PyBit.es to discuss strategies, and how to seek advice and motivation when learning Python.
Bob is a driven Pythonista working as a software developer at Oracle.. Bob is passionate about automation, data, web development, code quality, and mentoring other developers.”
Julian is a Data Centre Technician at Amazon Web Services. He started coding a few years ago and codes for fun and to solve everyday projects.
Together they founded PyBites, a Python blog featuring code challenges, articles, and news.Support Teaching Python
- PyBites – Hone Your Python Skills — Welcome to PyBites, a blog lovingly created by mates Bob Belderbos and Julian Sequeira. It serves as a medium for the two of them to document the lessons and concepts they learn as they delve into the wonderful world of Python. It's their hope that they'll be able to help other Python users along the way too!
- PyBites Code Challenges | Hone Your Python Skills — Learn Python From the Comfort of Your Own Browser
- #100DaysOfCode Official Website | #100DaysOfCode
- pandas · PyPI — pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive data structures designed to make working with structured (tabular, multidimensional, potentially heterogeneous) and time series data both easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental high-level building block for doing practical, real world data analysis in Python. Additionally, it has the broader goal of becoming the most powerful and flexible open source data analysis / manipulation tool available in any language. It is already well on its way toward this goal.
- Episode #140 Level up your Python with #100DaysOfCode challenge - [Talk Python To Me Podcast] — How do you learn libraries or parts of Python itself that you don't have actual work projects involving them? Whether that's SQLAlchemy, Slack bots, or map APIs, actually building projects (small and large) with them is really the only way to gain true competency. You might try a 100 days of Python code challenges. This week you'll meet Bob Belderbos and Julian Sequeira who created PyBites. The have done a few 100 days of code challenges and are here to share their experience and some concrete examples.
- pytest · PyPI — The pytest framework makes it easy to write small tests, yet scales to support complex functional testing for applications and libraries.
- requests · PyPI
- Flask · PyPI
- Teaching AI: Exploring New Frontiers for Learning: Michelle Zimmerman: 9781564847058: Amazon.com: Books — Kelly's reading this book about machine learning and AI right now.